Full Truckload shipping is when a shipment uses the full trailer or when shipments need to be expedited. Our Ontario shipping service can match any load with the right equipment and a carrier that will be best for the job.
Benefits of Truckload Shipping:
- Quicker Delivery: Delivery times can be cut down. A dedicated truck allows us to take the most direct and efficient route when moving freight.
- Fewer Requirements: Using an entire trailer allows shippers to have more customization on the way they want their load moved.
- Special Requests: If your shipment requires special requirements, such as hazardous material handling or refrigeration, then full truckload shipping is a better option.
- Cost Savings: If your company has large shipment needs, truckload shipping can reduce costs.
- Dry Van: Dry vans are used for shipments that require an enclosed trailer but do not need temperature control. Dry van trailers are typically 53 feet long with a weight capacity of 45,000 pounds. Dry vans also come in various other lengths such as 24 or 28 feet, creating easier access to smaller shipping locations.
- Flat Bed: Flatbeds are used for shipments that don’t require an enclosed trailer. Flatbeds have a wide range of usability due to the freight being loaded through the tip, rear and side. Flatbeds are commonly between 48 and 53 feet long and come in different types such as a drop deck, step-deck, or removable gooseneck.
- Roll-Tite/Conestoga Trailer: A roll-tite trailer is a unique trailer type that combines the advantages of both dry-van and flatbed trailers. Rolling tarps are used around the exterior of the trailer to protect the freight while also allowing for an easy loading process.
ShipOntario has vast experience in less-than-truckload shipping. Our large pool of partner carriers allows us to match shipments with the right carrier to ensure for a safe and cost effective experience.
Benefits of LTL Shipping:
- Reduce Costs: Freight from a variety of shippers is pooled when heading to similar areas, creating cost reductions for the shippers.
- Sustainability: LTL shipments are the most sustainable. Pooling shipments allows for fewer trucks and less fuel to be needed when moving freight.
- Small Business Benefits: LTL shipping allows small businesses to take advantage of the expertise that an LTL professional provides without having to pay for space that is not used.
- Wood-Hall Support: Our team has vast experience in order tracking and we focus on strong lines of communication with our customers. We always ensure that we are transparent with our customers on their shipments. Our Ontario shipping service runs parallel and we ensure excellent customer service.
Preparing LTL Shipments:
- Dimensions: It is important to provide correct dimensions when seeking a quote for an LTL shipment. Accurate dimensions allow carriers to better determine their loads and allows us to give the most accurate rates.
- Shipment Packaging: It is important to package shipments correctly to allow for a safe and efficient shipping experience. This can be done by creating skids when packaging products which can be easily moved and efficiently placed in a trailer.
Determining LTL Shipping Rates:
- Distance: Location is the biggest factor in determining the rate for the shipment. Generally, the further the shipment has to go, the higher the price will be.
- Size: The weight and dimensions of a shipment have a direct correlation with the rates. The larger the shipment, the higher the costs. In LTL shipping, the more of a trailer that a shipment takes, the higher the cost will be.
- Additional Factors: There are other factors that can come into play when determining the price for an LTL shipment. A shipment that needs to be expedited can come with a higher cost. Other factors include the special handling if the shipments contains hazardous materials.
ShipOntario has vast experience with Straight Truck service. Our asset direct fleet of straight trucks combined with our carrier connections allows us to provide excellent straight truck service.
Benefits of our Straight Truck Service:
- Usability: A straight truck boasts a variety of features that allow for efficient use. Both barn style doors and roll up doors can be used depending on the specifications of the shipment.
- Fewer Restrictions: Straight trucks are unique in that they have higher ease of use due to their size. Due to their smaller length and weight, straight trucks experience fewer route restrictions than larger trucks.
- Accessibility: Straight trucks can be found with tailgates. Tailgates permit shippers to easily deliver when only ground level is available, allowing for shipments to be loaded and unloaded seamlessly
- Barn Doors: The Wood-Hall Logistics straight truck is equipped with barn style doors rather than roll-up. This allows us to have full height clearance when loading our straight truck.
Determining Straight Truck Rates:
- Distance: Our Straight Truck operates throughout Ontario. When determining rates, we offer a flat rate that takes into account the distance travelled between pickup and drop-off.
- Size: The weight and dimensions of a shipment have a direct correlation with the rates. The larger the shipment, the higher the costs. The number of skids needed to be moved is another factor when determining Ontario shipping costs.
ShipOntario’s cargo van service is an excellent Ontario shipping option when looking to move freight throughout the province.
- Trusted Fleet: Our trusted fleet of Wood-Hall Logistics vans are supported by an excellent team of drivers who always strive for excellent customer service. We work to give our customers the smoothest pickup and delivery experience possible.
- Ontario Wide Availability: Our fleet has the experience all throughout Ontario and beyond. Our cargo van fleet is constantly running throughout Ontario and we can send the vans anywhere! Whether your shipment needs to go a short or long distance, our team has you covered!
- Hours of Service: Our vans are available 7 days a week. We run our vans both weekdays and weekends to ensure that shipments are delivered seamlessly and on time.
Benefits of Ontario Shipping through our Cargo Vans:
- Dependability: We take utmost pride in ensuring that shipments are handled with care and efficiency. Our vast experience allows us to provide peace of mind to all of our customers.
- Tracked Shipments: Our cargo vans are supported by tracking specialists who work to always keep the customer in the loop. Customer service and transparency are very important to us and providing top notch tracking to our customers is something we will always focus on.
- Usability: Our vans are perfect for shipments that require 1-3 skids or are a loose commodity that doesn’t require dock level loading. Cargo vans are unique in the sense that they are smaller vehicles that can easily access any business.
We have 5000 square feet worth of warehouse with a cross-dock located in Breslau, Ontario. Our central location allows us to easily service Ontario and our straight truck service can help with the shipping process when using warehouse space.
ShipOntario has the warehouse space available to help with your storage needs. Whether you are looking for long-term storage or short-term storage, we have you covered. ShipOntario can guarantee a safe warehousing experience where products are stored with utmost care. Reach out to us today for more information on how we can help with storage needs!